The Parochial Church Councils of St Mary-the-Virgin, West Malling and St Michael & All Angels, Offham are committed to protecting your privacy and the overall integrity of the Internet. To that end, we are disclosing here any issues related to privacy in the collection by ourselves of personally identifiable information from users of our website.
We hold all of your data in accordance with our own data protection policy, and the Data Protection Act. It is updated, without notification, following advice published from time to time by the Information Commissioner. We are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of Web sites to which our website may link.
- Information you provide is never provided or sold to any third parties, unless there is a law that forces us to do so.
- Information you provide on the website is used only for the purpose of tracking how you navigate the site, replying to your enquiry or sending email newsletters. We only use your data for the purpose(s) for which we collected it.
- Any email newsletters we might send always include a simple unsubscribe mechanism.
- You have the right to access the data which we hold about you and have any errors corrected.
- We cannot hold your data for longer than necessary, and we must keep it up to date and secure.
- You have the right to have factually incorrect data we hold about you corrected.
Controllers of personal information
Any personal information provided or to be gathered is controlled primarily by the respective PCC’s of St Mary’s and St Michael’s, whose contact address is c/o The Vicarage, 138 High Street, West Malling, Kent, ME19 6NE, United Kingdom.
What information do we collect?
- We collect information via our enquiry forms and via cookies placed in order to track site statistics.
What do we do with the information collected?
- The information we collect allows us to respond to your enquiry. It provides us with your contact details.
- We may perform statistical analyses of enquiries submitted via the website. This information is not disclosed to any third parties.
- In addition, if you choose to receive our email newsletters or if you send us an enquiry, your information will be held in order to respond to you. Our email newsletter always includes a simple unsubscribe mechanism.
Do we share the information we collect?
- We never sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. We do not provide aggregate statistics about our visitors, traffic patterns and related site information to third-party vendors.
- We will provide visitors with a summary of all personal information that we process on them upon request. We will charge £10 for such requests. To make such a request, send an email to us and include the email address that you registered with along with any organisation name. Personal information will be provided within 28 days.
How do we protect and store your information?
As required by the UK Data Protection Legislation, we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information which you have given us, to prevent unauthorised access. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we are able to disclose sensitive information to you.
Information is stored securely on the servers of our web design partner, 1and1 (www.1and1.co.uk). Their servers are protected by a central firewall and back-up firewall which monitor activity and hostile attacks.
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We use the information we collect on the site to enhance your overall experience of using our website. We do not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others.
If you have a privacy concern regarding our churches, or this policy, and if you cannot satisfactorily resolve it through the use of this web site, you should contact us using the contact page link. In the event that we are still unable to resolve your concerns we are committed to cooperating to achieve a proper resolution of your privacy concerns.
If you object to any sharing of your personal information that may be permitted under this policy, you may do so by writing to us at the below address. We will take reasonable steps to accommodate your requests as they relate to our practices. In some instances, honouring your requests may interfere with or preclude your ability to use the website.