St Mary’s Treblemakers offers children the chance to experience the joy of singing and performing together and receive an invaluable grounding in musical training. The children will receive:
- A high level of professional instruction and tuition in singing. Children will develop good vocal technique and grow in confidence as singers.
- Lessons in music notation and music theory
- Children can work towards the nationally recognised and acclaimed RSCM Voice for Life scheme.
Alongside weekly rehearsals and regular performance opportunities, children will have the chance to attend choir social events and trips.
Who can join the choir?
- Any child over the age of seven years old
- Membership of the choir is completely free
- You don’t need to be a regular churchgoer
What’s the commitment?
- Weekly rehearsals on Thursdays at St Mary’s Church
- Regular Sunday morning services (but not every week) and occasional concerts
- Regular concerts and occasional special services at festivals such as Christmas and Easter
Will my child be safe and looked after?
Parents are always welcome to attend our choir rehearsals, however there is no expectation for you to do so. Our Director of Music Richard Hammond-Hall, Licensed Lay Minister Becky Clifford and any others St Mary’s supervisors working with the Junior Choir are subject to enhanced DBS checks, and have completed the Church of England’s training in safeguarding requirements. You can read more about our safeguarding arrangements here.
Our Vicar and Churchwardens, along with St Mary’s Parochial Church Council and our Safeguarding Officer are committed to ensuring everything St Mary’s organises and delivers is a safe space for all people.
To find out more
You can download the Treblemakers flyer here.
Or contact us to ask questions and discuss your child’s participation.